The Wilderness Bidet
1. fill a 1liter Platypus Soft Bottle (equipped with pop-out nozzle top.)
|bite valve won't work!|
3. drop pants to just above your knee (this keeps em out of the way), feet shoulder-width apart, do your business in the hole
4. position squeeze bottle upside just below the small of your back and give your butt one or two vigorous SQUIRTs! smile broadly.
5. cup your hand in front of you, fill with water and splash wipe what *very-little* poo may remain. Use soap and more water if necessary.
6. take a stick or small twig and add a little dirt and stir it up a bit to start the decomposition process. cover completely with dirt. with your foot tamp down and scatter things over it so it appears undisturbed and natural.
7. Use your hand sanitizer, passing one finger nail under the others to be extra safe
1. fill water scoop or water container (water does not need to be filtered).
2. bring soap, hand sanitizer & trowel on a hike to find a good secluded spot where you can dig a hole from 5 to 6 inches deep. also look for a rock to sit on for cleaning up.
3. dig hole, pop a squat and do your business in the hole
4. with your trousers down, waddle over to your rock and sit down
5. lean back and pour water front to back to clean yourself. take a little biodegradable soap (like bronners) and give yourself a good wash. rinse yourself front to back. pull pants up!
6. go back to hole and take a stick or small twig and add a little dirt stir it up a bit to start the decomposition process. then cover completely with dirt. with your foot tamp down your filled cat hole and scatter things over it so it appears undisturbed and natural.
7. wash hands with a little soap and let the water go over the cat hole. Use your hand sanitizer.
Here's some TP fun fact links:
TP history notes - here, here and here.
How to Shit in the Woods.